Monday, November 12, 2007

this could have been avoided by jason mchuff

What really annoys me is that this could have been avoided. As I've
said here before, the mall (and most certainly the bus lanes) is not
the right place for MAX. While the mall could use work, closing it
for years and laving riders with "pathetic little bus shelters" was
not needed. As for the parade detour, let me note that 2nd Ave
doesn't even have those shelters.

Overall, playing peek-a-boo with bus service by moving it from one set
of "temporary" stops to another when most people want to use it
(parade days are high ridership) is dumb. Besides that, there did not
appear to be any northbound stops in Chinatown. Also, I saw another
example of the mess: according to riders, there was no inbound 17 at
82nd from 10:00PM to 12:25AM--almost 2 and 1/2 hours.

And as for Salt Lake, I guess the world-wide glare of the Olympics
scares people into caring.

No comments: